Last week on Friday August 14th we rolled out an important update that a lot of our users asked for: secure password-protected spaces. We always understood the importance of security, especially in video conferencing product for our customers:
- SMB companies, as well as Enterprise customers
- Large universities, where students privacy is crucial
- In private events
How to turn on password-protected access to your SpatialChat space:
Step 1: login with your admin access link, that you can find in the email that we sent when you created your space. Usually those links look like:
Step 2: use your admin access link to access your space in admin mode. Click on the admin link (shield icon) and click on "Space Password".
Step 3: in the Space Password dialogue enter a password that you want to set for access to your space. Then click on "Lock Space" button.
Great! Now when anyone enters your space at https://spatial.chat/s/<your_space> they will be required to enter access password in order to login.
Good to know:
- you can change your access password at any time
- when you change your password, your current attendees remain in space, but if they re-enter the space they will have to enter new password
- for simplicity you will see a special link with the password that you can optionally share to attendees you trust