With the rise of remote work due to the pandemic, video conferencing platforms have become essential to stay connected and productive. However, do you ever wish that you could record your meetings or conversations?
The good news is that this is possible with a variety of services. Here is how to record presentations or meetings in Zoom, Google Meet, and other platforms.
What is a Recording?
A recording is an audio or video record of conversations or meetings held in services like Zoom, SpatialChat, or Google Meet. Recordings are used to share information with those who weren't present at the meeting or to review a conversation.
You can easily record Zoom meeting, presentation, or podcast without permission or access via services like Loom, Recordly, or set up OBS.
How to Use Recordings on Different Platforms/Services
Zoom is currently one of the most popular video conferencing platforms in use. To record your Zoom meeting on a computer or iPhone, follow these steps:
- To enable the feature, go to settings and select "Recordings.”
- Once enabled, you can start recording meetings either manually or automatically.
The recordings of your Zoom calls are stored in the cloud. You can find, edit, and download them directly from the “Meetings” tab in your account. To prevent unauthorized access to Zoom recordings, there is a setup to password-protect them.
In some cases, when participants are provided with access to record videos themselves, people sometimes face frustrations trying to get recordings converted. The problem occurs if users attempt to export a recording in Zoom but are unable to do so.
It may happen due to several factors, including:
- server issues,
- insufficient bandwidth,
- Internet connection problems.
Sometimes it is caused by the file size, which appears too large for the Zoom system.
The best way to fix this issue is to make sure that your internet connection is stable and adequate for exporting video files. If the problem persists, you can try to compress the recording to reduce its size before another attempt.
SpatialChat is another popular video conferencing platform that allows users to record their conversations easily.
It’s pretty easy to make a recording in SpatialChat:
- Click on the “Record” button at the top right corner of the platform.
- Select “Start Recording” from the drop-down menu.
- To save a recording, click "Stop Recording.”
- To save and share your video recordings, click on the Menu icon.
- Open a list of your recordings and download them onto your computer. For downloading, click the Download button at the right of each recording respectively.
In addition, you can use a variety of digital tools to edit or enhance each recording.
Your video records are securely stored in the cloud and can be accessed from any device, anytime.
Just try it! It's easy🙂
There are different ways to record meetings in Google Meet:
- Manually, through the web app. To start a recording, you should select "Record," which opens a menu with options to either record only yourself or everyone and then proceed as usual. Users can stop recording at any time and save their files locally as MP4s for later review.
- Google Meet also offers its Cloud-based Recording Service which records all meetings hosted in it and creates MP4 files with access by administrators or participants alike.
Unfortunately, there are cases when records may disappear in Google Meet without warning. This can cause stress and significant disruption to the company's workflow as people scramble to find missing documents.
We suggest a few solutions to combat the problem:
- Ensure all important records are stored safely in a cloud-based storage system such as Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Take advantage of the "chat" and "record" options in Google Meet. Both of them provide secure backups and allow to keep track of conversations and progress even after they leave a meeting.
- To avoid losing recordings due to user error, companies educate employees on best practices and how to use Google Meet. In this way, they make sure that important information remains safe and accessible at all times.
Recording a video on Zoom, SpatialChat, or Google Meet doesn't have to be challenging. With a few clicks, you can create detailed records of all your meaningful conversations! No matter which platform you choose, each one offers easy ways to capture recordings for review and archiving. This ensures that no critical information is lost along the way.
To learn more about SpatialChat:
👉 Try for free
👉 Join demo
👉 Visit Community
LinkedIn | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | TikTok | Instagram
Made for you with️ ❤️ from SpatialChat